What is Creative Arts Therapy?
- It is a unique form of counseling that uses creative art materials such as clay, drawing, painting, collage, sand tray, movement and mindfulness, to give a visual form to our inner experiences and inner conflicts.
- The arts reveal and open different ways of knowing that verbal counseling cannot access. They have the ability to access the right side of the brain where emotional images and trauma resides.
- The art works are rich in meaning and the therapeutic relationship helps a client to understand their pattern and themes that naturally emerge through the creative process.
- Clients regain empowerment through their own self-discovery as well as finding new choices for change.
Who Can Benefit?
Creative Arts Therapy provides you with insight into your thoughts, emotions and feelings that you are experiencing.
SOME OF THE KEY BENEFITS YOU MAY FEEL ARE:
- Relaxation and Stress Relief
- Empowerment and Self Esteem
- Getting in touch with your creativity
- Self Discovery and Self-Healing
ART THERAPY BENEFITS PEOPLE EXPERIENCING:
- Trauma and Loss
- Relationship problems
- Change and life direction
- Children and Teenagers - Suffering loss and grief, changes in family structure, unresolved family issues, stress and trauma, anger, depression, anxiety and emotional social problems.
- Children with Autism, Asperges Syndrome and disabilities - Gives another mode of communication and expression.
- Creative Arts Therapy sessions can be valuable for individuals or groups who are working in the therapeutic profession and who require professional development, supervision or self-care.